October 09, 2006

A fun week my friends

Highlights of the last week:

Wednesday
Finally getting Jorin Garguilo, Kristen Studdard , Jessica Ring and Erica Gerdes
in the same room for a trial rehearsal for my next directing project. Due to schedules, we won't be able to meet again for a couple of weeks, but every one hit it off and it looks like this one will have some legs. My initial thought is I want to direct something character-based and folks seem game for it.

Thursday
The Big Yellow Bus crew had a closed cast (no guests) and did a solid show to a nice house at the Playground with a P.I.P. in attendance--I use P.I.P. (Pretty Important Person) because V.I.P. seems a bit too heavy handed. Like every self-critical improvisor who's ever been in good show, I felt that everyone else in the cast did great and I was meh. Still, it was fun time for both the audience and the cast.

That night, the BYB Maintenance Crew (Andy Carey, Roger Payton, Kat Gotsick, Lisa Linke, Lauren Lapkus and I) snapped some PR pics:




Friday
Took the day off of work and had a social meeting with aforementioned P.I.P. at SC, before and after which I kept running into lots of improv peeps I knew in the SC lobby. Lots of smiles of bits ensue. I then tooled over to River East 21, bumped into Chip Aucoin and he spontaneously decied to catch "The Departed" with me. The movie is awesomely hilariously horrifying. And after that, I ran into Dayna LaRosa right outside the theater and walked with her to the Red Line. That night, I beheld the awesomeness that was the Battlestar Galactica premeire.

Friday was a total nerdgasm: Improv, Movies and Sci Fi all in one day.

Saturday

Directed a Chrysalis Clark rehearsal. Truth be told, I really, really dig these guys. Roger, Andy, Lauren, Chrissy Swinko and Kirk Mason are talented performers who are genuinely good people. It makes everything from rehearsals to shows to socializing all the more enjoyable and satisfying.

Continuing a trend, we snapped some PR pics afterwards:





Sunday
Woke up early for a one-off directing gig with John Abbott, Jessica Ring and Kat Leahy of Wing Night. The Wingers are going to the Gainesville Improv Festival and wanted an outside eye on their form, which I was more than glad to spare.

I then got to watch the Bears OWN Buffalo. Now that was a nice capper to a fun weekend.