January 11, 2007

Oh, Rumination, You Imposing Guest

Scattered improv thoughts.

*

The more I direct improv the more I feel this way about my ensembles:

Their successes are theirs; their failures are mine.

*

I told someone today regarding looking at leaving their ensemble and move on to a new one, specifically what they wanted in a new ensemble -- "Be honest with yourself. Don't lie. Because you'll only be angry at yourself when you realize the truth."

*

This article made me realize that for all the cynical memories I have of IO, I've forgotten all the good times, great times and superduperawesomest times I had there. I still visit on occasion, but the memories and feelings get all jumbled together every time I have a moment to myself and let the past sink in.

*

I will never feel like I've done enough. I will always feel I could've done more and done it better. One day I will make a list of everything I've accomplished and I know I'll look at it and wonder why it seems like so little.